Ideal for a wide range of activities, this minimalist childrens running shoe promotes natural foot motion while maintaining the cushioning and support parents have come to rely on from Nike.
- Weight: youth 6.5 oz.; preschool 5.0 oz.; toddlers 2.2 oz.
- Lightweight mesh upper with reinforced overlays to provide support and durability.
- Full innersleeve provides a secure sock-like fit.
- Resilient Phylite midsole/outsole absorbs impact and springs back for added responsiveness.
- Abrasion-resistant BRS 1000 carbon rubber under the highest wear areas of the outsole.
Drawing its inspiration from the anatomy of the foot, the Free Run+ 2’s upper features a multiple layers in a lattice-like configuration much like the ligaments, tendons and bones in the human foot. This provides increased strength and support with less mass.
The midsole/outsole construction features deep sipes, or grooves, for increased flexibility. These sipes encourage a smoother, naturally neutral ride which provides the strengthening benefits of barefoot running without sacrificing the protection from both the surface you are running on and the impact of each step.
Nike Free Run+ 2 — free to go the distance.