5 Things You Didn't Know About Nike Foamposites
1. – The Foamposites were inspired by a sunglasses case. During a meeting, an advanced group known as A.P.E. (Advanced Product Engineering), made a sunglasses case on the table the focal point of their discussion. It was made of ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) foam with a fabric cover, was light, and had structure and form. That one-piece, seamless design inspired the Foamposite upper.
2. – At the time of their first initial release, the Foamposites were the most expensive Nike basketball shoe on the market with a price of $180.
3. – The original mold of the Foam One cost $750,000, as reported by SneakerNews.com.
4. – The Galaxy Foamposites, released Feb. 24, 2012, was considered by many shoe enthusiasts to be the most anticipated shoe release of all time. Two days prior to its release, the keywords “Galaxy Foams” was a worldwide trending topic on Twitter.
5. – Given the popularity of the Galaxy Foamposite theme, the Nike LeBron 9 released a shoe that features a Galaxy Foamposite upper, with the LeBron silhouette.