REEBOK ZIGLITE ELECTRIFY - WOMEN'S
Electrify energizes run experience
The electric feel of the Reebok ZigLite Electrify women’s running shoe made for an energetic run. The neutrally oriented shoe, for those who neither overpronated or underpronated, was designed to make running and training more comfortable and natural.
Introduced in July 2012, the lightweight, low-profile running shoe offered the efficient energy return and cushioning of Reebok’s ZigLite outsole, mixed in with a minimalist design.
The upper was made from mesh and synthetic, and meant breathability, durability, and style. Also, a padded tongue and heel collar added the necessary comfort for long runs or continuous impact.
The outsole housed lightweight ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) with strategically placed rubber in high-wear areas along with deep flex grooves that promoted natural motion.
0 - 30+ MILES
Electrify lights up energy return
The ZigLite Electrify featured Reebok’s ZigTech outsole, designed for improved impact absorption. The zigzag pattern of the midsole was created from lightweight foam that absorbed the impact of the heelstrike and sent waves of energy along the length of the shoe.
This differed from traditional outsoles, which focused only on the vertical impact of heelstrike. Reebok engineered this horizontal method of energy return to lessen wear and tear on the legs so workouts and training sessions could last longer.
New whole sole and heel feel
The new dual-density outsole in the Reebok ZigLite Electrify was especially responsive and had a heel designed to provide a larger impact zone and extra traction. These improvements meant the anatomically designed, angled flex grooves could mimic the natural bend of the foot, and presented more natural running movements.
Other features included the following:
• Women’s sizes 5-11,12
• Weight: 8.6 ounces (women’s size 7)
• Women’s widths: B-medium
• Scheduled women’s colorways
- Rivet Grey/Aubergine/Vitamin C/Pure Silver (July 2012)
- Black/Aubergine/Buzz Blue/Silver (July 2012)
- Tin Grey/Charged Green/Dynamic Pink/Pure Silver (July 2012)
- Gravel/Dynamic Pink/Classic Burgundy (August 2012)
- Black/Buzz Blue/Charged Green (August 2012)
- Pink Ribbon/Black/Dynamic Pink/White/Pure Silver (September 2012)
• Leather/mesh upper that provides comfort, support and breathability
• SmoothFit for comfort and a smooth, seamed upper
• ZigTech zigzag-designed cushioning system for energy return and cushioning
• 3D Ultralite proprietary lightweight foam for lightweight, natural footstrike