The adidas D.O.N. Issue #1 Unveiled
Utah guard Donovan Mitchell has taken many routes to the basket. And he chose a different way of unveiling his first signature sneaker, the adidas D.O.N. Issue #1. He chose two aspiring sports writers from his high school alma mater in Connecticut to be the first to interview him about what this reveal means for him and his family.
Fresh prints of a new shoe
It was fitting that Mitchell chose aspiring journalists to help him unveil his shoe because right away, the name of the shoe reveals his love of the printed word. Particularly, his love of comic books, as those classic publications always include an issue number in a corner of the cover. Comics are also one factor in his nickname, "Spida."
So if that's his nickname, what does the rest of his shoe name stand for? The D.O.N. is more than just a play on his name. It stands for "Determination Over Negativity."
adidas D.O.N. Issue #1 features:
- Lace closure for lockdown that fits your game.
- Smooth textile upper features spiderweb details.
- Bounce midsole offers cushioned comfort and a responsive feel underfoot.
- Propulsion clip ensures lateral stability for quick cuts.
- Rubber outsole features a herringbone traction pattern for grip.