The Biggest Air
The Boys’ Grade School Nike Air More Uptempo is the youth sizing for one of the boldest and most memorable basketball sneakers of the 1990s. One look at a pair and you’ll understand why. Released in 1996, the Air More Uptempo featured what has gone down as the boldest and most unapologetic branding ever on a Nike shoe. The upper features gigantic “AIR” text incorporated into the design, letting everybody know exactly what kind of cushioning this shoe has. This youth sizing features a large Air Max unit in the heel for maximum comfort and style. If it’s a bold, head-turning look you want in a sneaker, you’ve definitely found it with the Air More Uptempo.
A Nike Hoops Classic
The Air More Uptempo was originally intended for the basketball court, but no sneaker this unique and bold could remain strictly a performance model. The shoe was most notably worn by Chicago Bulls superstar Scottie Pippen, who wore the original black and white colorway throughout the 1996 NBA Playoffs on the way to another championship and then later in its “Olympic” colorway for the ‘96 summer games as he helped the Dream Team earn a gold medal. Meanwhile, the Air More Uptempo was already one of the hottest sneakers on the streets by the summer of ‘96. Now over 20 years later, the More Uptempo is just as bold and stylish as ever. Nike Sportswear continues to imagine new and exciting colorways for the legendary model, including looks just for kids. You’ll find all the latest releases of the Air More Uptempo for grade school boys here at Foot Locker.
Nike Air More Uptempo features:
• Classic ‘90s basketball shoe in sizing and colors exclusively for kids.
• Giant “AIR” branding across the upper for the shoe’s unforgettable look.
• Durable leather, nubuck, or synthetic upper. See each colorway for specific materials.
• Speed lacing system with molded TPU eyestays.
• Elastic bands on tongue help provide lockdown support.
• Tongue and heel pull tabs for easy on/off.
• Air Max cushioning in heel.
• Rubber outsole for traction and durability.