Nike Air Foamposite OneMen's
Members get Free ShippingLearn more
The Nike Air Foamposite One broke the mold for basketball sneaker design when it debuted in 1997. Marketed as a Penny Hardaway signature shoe, the bold design wasn’t originally intended for him, but when he saw the eye-catching sneaker in a bag of Nike designer Eric Avar’s samples, Hardaway declared it had to be his next shoe. The Foamposite One features a construction that’s still futuristic-looking today, built with a molded polyurethane upper that takes on a liquid appearance. Inspired by a protective sunglasses case, the Foamposite One took more than three years for the Nike design team to develop. With a Foamposite upper that shapes to the wearer’s foot and offers excellent support and durability, the full-length Zoom Air adds dynamic cushioning below. Originally released in a vibrant, iridescent, royal blue colorway with a clear outsole, the unorthodox Foamposite One quickly became a hit on both the court and the streets.
Colors, Textures, and Patterns
In 1997, the Air Foamposite One was originally available only in the iconic royal blue colorway, but since then, the wild design has proven to be the perfect canvas for a wide variety of colors, textures, and graphic prints. Now the shoe has been released in almost every color of the rainbow, with finishes ranging from iridescent, to metallic, to matte. The Foamposite shell has even been coated in suede, and has sported a variety of graphic prints, none more famous than the legendary “Galaxy” pattern that dropped in 2012. Nike Sportswear continues to dream up new looks for the Foamposite One each season, while also intermittently bringing back the most popular colorways like “Royal” and “Eggplant.” From the latest to the greatest, find the current selection of colorways here at Foot Locker.
• Foamposite upper offers a bold design that still looks futuristic.
• The Foamposite shell conforms to your foot for comfort and stability.
• Pull tabs on tongue and heel for easy access.
• Inner bootie design hugs and supports the foot.
• Penny Hardaway’s “1 Cent” logo on the tongue and heel.
• Carbon fiber midfoot shank adds support and style.
• Full-length Zoom Air cushioning.
• Clear outsole (on most styles) with herringbone tread pattern for multi-surface traction.